Welcome! We’re glad you are considering East Lake Commons (ELC) as a place to live.
Before you buy or rent a home at ELC, please read the following:
Things you should know:
- We are a self-managed community, and perform many of our community's management and maintenance tasks.
Self-management builds community and reduces costs.
- Each adult in the community is expected to perform a minimum of 4 hours of community work each month.
- We strive to know each other, and to enjoy meaningful and joyful interaction with one another.
How to learn more about East Lake Commons:
- Request a tour by sending an email to ContactUs@EastLakeCommons.org.
- Follow up your tour by arranging to...
- Attend one or more general business meetings (2nd Tuesdays, 4th Sundays).
- Attend one or more community meals (Sundays) and/or community potlucks (Tuesdays).
- Spend at least one Saturday or Sunday wandering around our community and talking to the residents.
- Read our Book of Commons.
- Read Creating Cohousing. Building Sustainable Communities by McCamant, Durrett, and Hertzman.
- Read EcoVillage Ithaca: Pioneering Sustainable Culture by Liz Walker.
To get more information on any of the listings to the left, roll your mouse over and click the item(s) you're interested in.